Vector CTRL apk content rating is Everyone and can be downloaded and installed on android devices supporting 21 api and above.
This is a control app for Anki Vector which also lets you use it as a moving security camera.
It currently lets you control Vector;
- live Camera feed display from Vector
- say whatever you write on the text field
(in 2 different voice)
- move forward, backward
- turn left , turn right
- set speed for move
- move head up/down
- move lift up/down
- adjust move speed
- set Vector’s eye color , picking from a nice color picker
- see battery level and voltage of Vector
More functions will be added later:
- audio feed (voice from Vector’s environment) will be added , if possible
- take photo and save to phone memory
- save video file to phone memory
- patrol mode
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
To get the IP address, vector serial number ,
1. Put the Vector on its dock (turned on and powered via USB)
2. Press Vector’s button 2 times. (you will see the Vector name)
3. Lift up Vector’s lift and put it down
4. You will see ;
a. Vector serial on 1st line
b. IP address on 4th line
You have to enter your username (email) and password for the Anki account and then enter the local IP address of Vector.
These 3 settings let you make Vector say whatever you like.
When you set these 3 fields correctly, first hit "Set" button to get the GUID for access. Then fill in the "Say" text field and hit "Say".
To make it move, you need additional settings:
- Vector's name
- Vector's serial
When you fill in all 5 of the settings , please hit "set"
Then, to begin moving Vector, please press "connect for move"
If your Vector is powered on and connected network,
if your phone is able to reach Vector with the set IP address (and port),
if you have entered all 5 settings correctly,
You should see direction arrows to control Vector.
After you finish moving Vector , you have to release control to him.
For this purpose, please press "disconnect" button.
*** IMPORTANT - USE CASE ***
You can also use it when you are away from home. You just have to;
1. map Vector’s tcp 443 port to an available port on your router
2. make this port accessible from external network
3. get a static IP or dynamic DNS service so that you can access your router from anywhere
(for example if your Vector has IP address 192.168.1.43 , map 444 port of your router to 192.168.1.43 port 443. then access your router’s external IP or DNS name and change the port on the app to 444)
- - new joystick control
- - dock/undock feature
- - fix after update to firmware 1.5
- - bug fixes and adapt to new SDK
- - change serial handling to prevent uppercase problem
- - support for Android 5.0
- - take photo
- - change eye color feature
- - camera live feed
- - move function changed to touch
- - added periodic battery check
- - added stop function
- - talk whatever you write on the text field
- - move forward, backward
- - turn left,right
- - set speed
- - move head & lift
- open network sockets
- view more