SMS & MMS Search and Delete apk content rating is Everyone and can be downloaded and installed on android devices supporting 10 api and above.
"A fast and convenient app for search and cleanup SMS and MMS messages. Works on all versions of Android starting from Gingerbread (2.3), including Marshmallow (6.0), Oreo (8.0) and above.
Can handle tens of thousands of messages. Deletes thousand of messages in 5 minutes (depends on the total number of messages). The deleted messages are saved in a backup on the memory card.
You can use the app to quickly search and delete old, unnecessary or spam SMS and MMS messages.
Starting from Android 4.4, message removal can only be performed by the application registered in the system as the main SMS sending app. Therefore, the system will ask you to temporarily make 'SMS Search and Delete' the default app for sending SMS messages prior to proceeding with message removal. Please respond affirmatively. After we finish removing SMS messages, we will reset the settings to their default values.
All features of the app is available for free. In-app purchase to disable ads.
- New screen to view the full text of the message and all attached images - A new statistics screen shows the number of messages grouped by contacts - Display only unread messages - Marking a message as read/unread - Marking a message as locked/unlocked - Display not only numbers, but also contact names - Backing up deleted messages --- * to save backups, the application requires permission to access the SD card - Increased speed of message list loading
- Added option to delete all SMS at once. You can try to use it, if the function of selective removal is not working - Added instructions to synchronize with SMS applications (Textra, Mood Messenger, etc) (see "Troubleshooting" menu) - Added option to enable / disable the removal of locked messages - Improved stability on Android 7
- The speed of deleting messages increased 5-10 times. - Improved stability when working with a large number of messages. Now the application can handle tens of thousands of messages. - Аbility to search only messages with pictures.
The Android system requires applications to ask the user for permission to access SMS, contacts, etc. Therefore, we apologize for the multiple requests that appear during the operation of the application:
- Permission to read SMS - used to display a list of messages - Read permission for Contacts - used to display the name of the sender / recipient - Permission to access the memory card - used to write a backup - Permission to lock sleep mode - to ensure that the smartphone does not go into sleep mode during a long process of deleting messages
Possible problems and remedies for them:
1. If you have accumulated a large number of text messages, Android may not be able to handle deleting them. If the application hangs up or terminates with an error while deleting the messages, you may have to do a full deletion of all SMS text messages. To do this, use the menu option "Delete All SMS"
2. If after deleting the text messages they are still displayed in your SMS application, it may be necessary to reload the messages: • For Textra, choose the menu option Settings -> About -> Resync Textra • For Mood Messenger, choose the menu option Settings -> Advanced -> Resync Mood with system sms/mms database • Handcent NextSMS uses its own database to store SMS text messages. The only way to synchronize the deleted text messages is to reinstall Handcent Next SMS (completely remove the application and reinstall it) • For other apps try to execute "Reload Sms Application" command from "Troubleshooting" menu.
3. If none of the methods listed help, please report the problem to us and indicate the name of the SMS application you use."